Hancock Historical Museum Commenting Policy
The Hancock Historical Museum and Oktoberfest Findlay Facebook sites are an open forum for comments and feedback on our posted stories. However, the Hancock Historical Museum reserves the right to remove any comment, report users for misconduct, and block users who abuse the commenting system in any way. The Hancock Historical Museum screens comments as much as it can, but will not be held responsible for any misconduct by a user or between users.
- The content of all comments on our Facebook pages are immediately released into the public domain, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be read by to the general public.
- The Hancock Historical Museum reserves the right to delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or hateful and offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups. This also includes any abbreviations or variations of words with the same meaning.
- The Hancock Historical Museum will delete comments that contain another person’s personal information such as home address, personal phone number, etc.
- The Hancock Historical Museum will delete comments that are clearly off-topic or that promote services or products.
- The Hancock Historical Museum will delete any “mass commenting”, duplicate and/or repetitive posting on multiple posts.
- The Hancock Historical Museum has the right to challenge any negative review of itself on our Facebook page.
- Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
- Do not post personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed.
- The Hancock Historical Museum does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments, report users or block user that do not adhere to these standards.